What are the COVID-19 tests and which one should you be taking?
COVID-19 PRE-DEPARTURE TEST
Pre-departure testing is available for travelers bound for countries that require a COVID-19 test for entry.
*Please confirm that your testing window falls within the pre-departure testing requirements for your destination country.
COVID-19 ANTIBODY (SEROLOGY) TEST
The COVID-19 serology test is a blood test that detects the antibodies our immune system produces to fight the infection. Individuals who received COVID-19 vaccinations outside of Singapore are able to confirm their vaccination status by undergoing a serology test in Singapore.
Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) VS Antigen Rapid Test (ART)
Antigen Rapid Test (ART)
For pre-event and pre-departure testing, the COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test (ART) is utilized.
We offer COVID-19 ART at Healthway Medical GP clinics in addition to wedding receptions, business-to-business events, and other events.
Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test
The most accurate test for COVID-19 is the COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test. A swab test is used to detect the presence of COVID-19 antigen in an individual.
A pre-departure PCR test is available at select Healthway Medical GP clinics for travelers. It is the responsibility of the traveler to schedule an appointment according to the testing window of their destination country.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
There are no subsidies for COVID-19 pre-departure swab tests and overseas vaccination verification.
The government will fund COVID-19 PCR swab tests and COVID-19 ART swab tests for individuals with Acute Respiratory Infection (ARI) symptoms / government-paid operations (such as Person Under Quarantine (PUQ), surveillance testing) / long-term care providers such as nursing homes, psychiatric facilities.
Please bring these items for the pre-departure COVID-19 PCR swab test:
- FIN or NRIC
- Flight details
- Please bring your NRIC, FIN, or passport to the ART COVID-19 swab test.
1) Present a copy of your overseas vaccination certificate in order to verify your COVID-19 immunizations (digital or hard copy is accepted)
2) Must have received the entire course of any of the following vaccines: Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech/Comirnaty, Sinovac, Sinopharm, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson, Covishield, AstraZeneca
3) Must be a Singaporean permanent resident (must have NRIC or FIN, including individuals with work permit, employment pass, s-pass, dependent pass, long term visit pass etc.)
isted below are the turnaround times for:
- 24-hour COVID-19 PCR swab test
- 24-hour COVID-19 PCR swab and Serology Test
- 6-hour COVID-19 Express PCR swab test
- 30-minute COVID-19 ART swab test
- Verification of International COVID-19 Vaccination: Twenty-four to thirty-six hours
- COVID-19 Pre-departure PCR swab test: SMS and email notification
- COVID-19 Pre-departure PCR Swab Test + Serology Test: Text message and electronic mail
- COVID-19 ART swab test:
- Verification of Overseas Travel via SMS COVID-19 Vaccination: Updated in the Trace Together and Health Hub mobile applications